HUDS.TF

Hello There, Guest!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Ammo Animation
I'm currently in the process of editing my own hud from the tf2 base files. So far it's been going well for me, but the one thing that bugs me is the low ammo animation. For the default hud, the low ammo anim is a flash that appears around the colored background behind the ammo. Since I removed the bg, the low ammo flashing just looks out of place. I removed the flash, but now there's the problem of not obviously knowing when I'm low on ammo. Is there a way to somehow replace the low ammo anim with a more reasonable shape without introducing new animations, since most of them are buggy?
I had my own problem with this, all you have to is keep the HudWeaponLowAmmoImage element. All you have to do is keep it enabled.
(07-22-2016, 11:23 PM)cookeimonstr Wrote: I had my own problem with this, all you have to is keep the HudWeaponLowAmmoImage element. All you have to do is keep it enabled.

What do you mean keep it enabled? Wouldn't that just flash like before? Is there a way to redefine the low ammo flashing into a numerical shape like the ammo counters? That way it would, for instance, flash red when I'm low, but it would take the shape of what ammo type i'm using such as ammonoclip or ammoinclip?
(07-24-2016, 09:04 PM)sAven Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 11:23 PM)cookeimonstr Wrote: I had my own problem with this, all you have to is keep the HudWeaponLowAmmoImage element. All you have to do is keep it enabled.

What do you mean keep it enabled? Wouldn't that just flash like before? Is there a way to redefine the low ammo flashing into a numerical shape like the ammo counters? That way it would, for instance, flash red when I'm low, but it would take the shape of what ammo type i'm using such as ammonoclip or ammoinclip?

Yes, but you have to have the HudWeaponLowAmmoImage element enabled. On my HUD I have it like
Code:
"HudWeaponLowAmmoImage"
    {
        "ControlName"    "ImagePanel"
        "fieldName"        "HudWeaponLowAmmoImage"
        "xpos"            "4"
        "ypos"            "0"
        "zpos"            "0"
        "wide"            "0"
        "tall"            "45"
        "visible"        "0"
        "enabled"        "1"        
    }
Then I just edited the animations and I worked like a charm.
Yes, but you have to have the HudWeaponLowAmmoImage element enabled. On my HUD I have it like
Code:
"HudWeaponLowAmmoImage"
{
"ControlName" "ImagePanel"
"fieldName" "HudWeaponLowAmmoImage"
"xpos" "4"
"ypos" "0"
"zpos" "0"
"wide" "0"
"tall" "45"
"visible" "0"
"enabled" "1"
}
Then I just edited the animations and I worked like a charm.
[/quote]

Oh right. I was actually really hoping to avoid any custom animations. For some strange reason, there's a chance that low health/ammo or buffed health animations could stick around when you respawn. For instance, you could respawn with full ammo as heavy and the ammo indicator would be red as defined in hudanimations_custom. This doesn't seem to happen in the default hud and I've never seen this mistake with health/ammo flashes. That's why I would much rather keep the animations folder pure. All I really hope for is a way to maybe add in an image, like a square box on ahud, and make a materials\hud folder to define the image into a low ammo animation. Hopefully, that would remove the need for custom animations and fix the glitch.

Copyright © 2014 - 2017 huds.tf | Site by omnibombulator | Powered by MyBB, © 2002 - 2017 MyBB Group and Steam.