HUDS.TF

mkhud

HUD Information

Description

A modern looking HUD for Team Fortress 2. Mostly inspired by material design.
Install the fonts. It will fix your symbols being numbers. Go to mkHUD/resource/fonts, select all, right click, and click install. Restart TF2 after.

More Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/wHHbv

HUD Features

Operating Systems Supported?
Windows
Mac
Linux

Resolutions

Supported?
16:9
16:10
4:3
5:4

Gamemodes

Supported?
Tournament
Competitive
Mann Vs. Machine
Capture the Flag
Payload
Payload Race
Control Points
Attack/Defend
King of the Hill
Domination
Special Delivery
Arena
Player Destruction
Mannpower
Territorial Control
Passtime
Robot Destruction
Halloween

Miscellaneous

Supported?
Custom Fonts
Custom Menus
Extra Scoreboards
HUD Crosshairs
Minmode Toggle
Custom Materials
Easy Customization

Credits

Extended credits: https://github.com/nimtra/mkHUD

Inspiration from:
broeselhud (feeling & broesel)
ahud (Nokk)
materialHUD (Rawrsor)
cbhud (CoBa)
rayshud (raysfire)
wavesui (extracrispy)
ToonHUD (Griever)
omphud (Omp)
omnibombulator (noto)
solarHUD (Stochast1c)
Hudas Iscariote (redd0t, cirlo, b4stian, Quartz)
yayahud (yttrium)
PrismHUD (JarateKing)
tf.tv HUD modification and HUD Q&A thread

Thanks to:
Knuckles (crosshairs)
truktruk twitch sub discord for finding bugs

Changelog

May 25
- Release

May 31
- Added 16:10 support. Made quickplay result dialog wider.

June 2
- Added full MvM support. Essentials should be edited, and the HUD should be usable. Please let me know if I messed something up, I don't play MvM often.

June 3
- New backpack, crafting, and class loadout menus. The hud is not as VTF reliant as much now. This should be able to be used in all resolutions. 4:3 support is coming very soon, seeing as there are very few things I have to fix up. Unfortunately, I had to move the stream panel down by like, 15 pixels. Hopefully it doesn't detract much from the look.

June 10
- Support for 4:3 and 5:4 resolutions.

June 11
- Added MvM and Competitive menus. See post #49 for images.

June 12
- New animated background
- Moved the time limit and stats to the bottom left of the screen to improve compatibility with different resolutions
- Adjusted almost every element of my HUD to have rounded corners
- Adjusted some colours
- New backpack borders
- New material VTFs
- New CTF HUD
- Slightly different stream panel
- New capture point icons (Better drop shadow, and different colours)
- Better looking target IDs
- Better looking tournament hud
- 6v6 scoreboard (enabled by enabling minmode)
- And more stuff I probably forgot about

June 20
- Got bored of the animated background, and it didn't really feel like it fit. Removed it, replaced it with a slightly edited version of Upward
- Fixed the CTF icons being reversed
- Added HealthAccount
- Added low ammo animations
- Other stuff I forgot

July 8
- Overhauled the main menu
- Updated for MYM
- Competitive/MVM/Casual lobby screens will be updated soon, just thought I'd get this update out before I get people asking me to update the HUD.

July 10
- Moved competitive KotH timer out of the way so it doesn't clip with Matchmaking UI
- Fixed the win panel not showing up
- Changed the menu backgrounds for the loadout/backpack/crafting menus
- Slightly adjusted the loadout menu to fit better with the menu
- Fully edited all of the lobby panels. (Casual/MvM/Competitive)
- Changed colour & font of killfeed
- Slightly adjusted the class selection menu to fit better with the main menu and loadout sub panel
- Adjusted the colour of the tournament topbar (wasn't the same compared to the other top bars)
- Added support for the in-game buttons (report/mute/vote)
- Fixed promotional codes and VR buttons showing up on the main menu
- Fixed the new store menu not showing up (I probably will be editing this, but it is definitely a lower priority)

July 14
- Fixed the casual menu so map selection works
- New targetid

Sept 17
- fixed winpanel for 4:3 and 16:10 res
- fixed spectator hud for 4:3 and 16:10 res
- made control point icons compatible with sv_pure 1 servers

Dec 26
- added the new casual buttons from a while ago (i'm late oops)

User Comments

Dude i lub it

I like that there are many new huds and this is the best I've seen in a long time

This HUD looks very good, and i like it, but could you make it compatible with 16:10 screens. Thanks, keep up the great work!

Make it compatible for 16:10 screens please, it's absolutely adorable!

AMAZING HUD!!!... but seriously, where are the create server and offline mode buttons?

made it compatible for 16:10.

create server and offline mode buttons were removed. you can create a server by typing a simple console command. i don't see the point in having the buttons there because of that

does this mean issues with text getting cut off were fixed?

no. those issues are things i can't fix unless i made a file for literally every single resolution, which is not something i want to do

what are the files for the quickplay panel and loadout menu

I can't easily edit the hud colors in clientscheme.res. I understand if you went and just redirected the hud colors to be defined by the premade colors, but that just leaves little room for editing them.

None of what you just said makes sense. I had no intentions of having additional colour schemes for this hud.

I love this hud! Could you possible make it compatible for 4:3?

Currently working on it.

How did you get your Cp points like that? I really like them and would like to use them in my own HUD Smile

You go to HudLayout.res and pander to the lowest common denominator. Then you import that into replay/thumbnails. Enjoy.

Nice hud nimtra.. Good Job Big Grin

hey rev for some reason my buttons on the main menu such as the stream button and news button show up as letters and numbers, any idea how i can fix this?

^ try installing all the fonts of the huds, you can find those in resource>fonts, select all the fonts, right click and select "install"

Im like this HUD but when im want to go training not have the button. if you add this button i will like so much!

is there any way to remove clutter vtfs that can lead to massive fps drops?

Most of this HUD relies on VTF files. So unfortunately, no. I haven't seen much of a drop for me though.

9.6/10 very simplistic hud, gonna use it <3

I see,but i still love this hud.Its just I prefer more fps so yeah pardon me

it feels so good

That's good SCRAMPE

I love it there is just one minor problem for me, the symbols in the top right corner show letters and numbers instead of their respective symbols. For example the options button is a "1" and the shop button is "o". If I could get some advice on how to fix this that'd be great. Thanks.

install the fonts

I am, astonished...

Please help me when i try to disquise as the spy none of the options or characters show up please help me and i am also having trouble with the symbols in the top right corner being numbers and letters

how i have this crosshair with OUTLINE?

So Mister Nimtra..
This is literally THE best hud i have ever seen...
After BubbleHUD got abandoned i couldnt find another hud as good as that one. Until now.
I cant recommend anything.. You've got it all Smile
Just bring back the class icons on the disguise menu..
I dont have any problems with it but sometimes i forget the order of the classes.
Imagine how would a newcomer feel.
Anyways, keep up the GREAT work! Smile

HOW DID U DO DAT???? I USE UR HUD BUT WHEN I OPEN MY TF2 IT GOES DEFAULT HUD WTF xd PLS HELP SORRY FOR THE CAPITAL LETTER

Thanks for the quick update, I only just started using this awesome HUD and I didn't want to immediately lose it Smile

Thanks for being so dedicated to updating this hud! I really appreciate that! Nice to not have to look at the default hud for too long after the update.

IF YOUR HUD looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/vXWMWZ4.png

Install the fonts. They are located in mkhud/resource/fonts

How can I enable 32 player scoreboard? Now I can only see 6 per team.

I like this because it easy to see but font look like android.

@CCX Minimal mode is on. Turn it off and you'll see 12. I don't have support for 32 player scoreboards right now.

@Naisivakorn That's exactly the look I was trying to go for.

The background doesn't work for me, there is just a pic of heavy or pyro. Is this because of the "Meat vs Match" update. Also, does anyone else have this problem? This happens to me on all the huds ive downloaded this day.. ;_;

Where do I go in the hud files to edit the colours of health and ammo? I used bwHUD before and all of that was in clientscheme.res.

Please, update pass time hud. It's annoying to see the default pass time hud coz it's big.
(Sorry for bad english).

tl;dr
this hud supports linux... you just need to install the fonts... also badly aligned texts for small screens... resolution is 1366x768 and ratio is 16:9

Everything pretty good. Only thing I wish for is if you make an alternative spy disguise menu which includes the number and class.

Is there a plan for cleaning up the HudPlayerClass.res file? It would really help in fixing my problem with not being enable to use custom crosshairs! Thanks alot.

This hud is beautiful and well done. There's just a few things I have noticed:
1. load screen image doesn't show the map you're loading (stats would be a nice touch)
2. chat should be in the top left corner so it doesn't overlay deathcam stuff (and is more out of the way in general imo)
3. if you're going to show that much of the 3d model why not show the entire character?
4. Scoreboard caps at 12 even though there's plenty of room for more

Could you add console button to the main menu? Would be epic. thx

mvm menu broken? the ready screen overlays the next wave's bots.

SO COOL.

This is great, but when I travel I use my mac and sadly I can't use this on a mac Sad Great hud though, thanks for making this!

works on mac

nice HUD

@invenciblegamer Definitely doesn't work on a mac. For example, look at the main menu — the plus button isn't fully shown. In fact, all circular buttons like that one don't show properly — the bottom section is cut off and about one third of the right side of the circle is replaced with the left side of the circle.

mate there something i'd want u to change or tell me how to do it

when a person is low on health..eyes of spy his health is not showed in red can u pls help

0/10 can't create server

@WPG - Team Pyro! just type in the console "map (insert map name here)"

10/10 Best HUD I've ever used, no doubt.

Is there a way to change the colors of it?

Is it just me or is there no button for toggling scoreboard?

scratch that. found out that cl_hud_minmode toggles scoreboard.

Can you make this compatible with MAC please?

Hey, I need help on how to make the chat box bigger. It can only fit 4 lines of text!

This IS compatible with Mac. The only problems I'm having though is the plus sign on the main menu is cut off, which doesn't matter. Another problem on Mac is that when in the crafting menu thing, when selecting an item to craft you cannot go backwards

Hi, Nimtra i would like to say a problem.... Its that you can't create a server with dis Hud could you fix it? thanks

Also could you add a Toggle Console button to the main menu? :3

@Gaben #GEWP
To create a server, open console and type "map (map name)"
Press the button under escape/next to 1 to open console

@GreefyIsHere
Another few problems with this hud on mac:
Half the menu fonts don't work
All buttons with with a circle background are cut off
Some text shadows are messed up
Text typed in console are barely visible, like it's transparent or something
Text upon creating/joining a server is cut off sometimes

Every hud is usable on mac, it's just that they don't function as well as they do on windows, since macs render the fonts differently, the fonts show up higher up than they're supposed to be.

Can i change text in "EXIT BUTTON" or "BUILD/DESTROY MENU" and etc. ?

Well, nevermind i figured out how edit these texts

and i forgot 10/10 best hud

@Psychstab Actually if you go into the files I just had to install the fonts, so the fonts work. I don't experience any problems with the console, except for at the top of it where I can drag it around it is transparent. Let me just say it isn't as bad as you think, and I've been using it for a couple of months now and will definitely use it when I get my Windows computer. Smile

Is there a way to get hitmarkers?

can you make the characters a bit bigger? like when you select them? love the hud also and when you play.

No button to create offline server? smh

One complaint: What about the diguise thingies for shpees?

also, imo, the loading screen is ugly as hell. can you fix that?

(I'm meaning it's a LITTLE bland)

Dude, i loved your hud, but needs a Create a Server button .Please do this

@GreefyIsHere
I use it on my windows computer.
Most fonts work on mac but I specified the MENU fonts don't work that well. And that is even after I installed the fonts.
It's not too bad, but it's not perfect for mac.

I'm new to getting mods, and I'm kind of confused. When I finished everything the mod only changed some things in my game but a lot of things, like the scoreboard, main menu, and most other things aren't changed.
Could someone explain to me how to fix this?

The hud looks awesome, but I would much prefer having more information on how I'm doing - damage etc. over a fancy minimalistic design. Also, a bigger health and ammo numbers, which would be a bit closer to the centre would also help.

I love the hud, but there's a few things that bug me a little. Numbah one, the loadout and stats on the loadout/inventory screen are only half visible and are clickable have the time. The other thing is some of the text. Chat text in servers is a little big so some things are cut off, and the text inside of the casual que-up is very small. The last thing is that the leader board doesn't show all 12 people at a time. Tis' all. Besides's that it's a very nice hud.

Download

If you like the look of this HUD, feel free to try it by downloading it. Just click the download button below!

Download (4.26 MB)  

Last Updated: 12-27-2016

If you're unsure how to install a HUD, check out our installation guide to help you through it.

Stats

Downloads: 16,179

Views: 65165

Rating:

• 20 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average

Developer

nimtra

Copyright © 2014 - 2017 huds.tf | Site by omnibombulator | Powered by MyBB, © 2002 - 2017 MyBB Group and Steam.