HUDS.TF

Hello There, Guest!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The New HUD Submission System is now live!
After a few weeks (months? I've forgotten already), the New HUD Submission System is now live! What does this mean for the site? Well, here's the changes:

NEW SUBMISSION SYSTEM:
(Obviously). The new submission system uses the forums as a base to create dynamic, self-managed HUD pages. No more sending an update form and waiting for me to deal with it! You can do it all yourself!

HUD Submissions will still need to be accepted, but I'm not the only one who will be doing it! huds.tf staff can now accept submissions as well! Waiting times should now be significantly smaller.

Certain members of the HUD Community will be given the title of HUD Developer. Not only does this status make your user title different on the site (woah, you're different!), you'll also be exempt from the HUD Submission queue. You won't need to wait for your submissions to be accepted.

However, with the new system, only the HUD Developer of the HUD that is being submitted can submit that HUD. No more random submissions by people who do not manage the HUD, sorry!

NEW DIRECTORY:
With the new system, comes a new HUD Directory. You can find it at the usual URL of http://huds.tf/directory. The old directory can be found here.

Along with the main directory, the news page now features the latest submitted HUDs rather than 3 random HUDs.

There's also a bunch of new search functions for filtering HUDs, including downloads, gamemodes and ratings, which is explained a little better below...

NEW HUD PAGES:
With the new Directory, comes a whole bunch of new features for HUD pages. HUD pages can now track Downloads, as well as users being able to leave comments and leave a rating on HUDs!

Users can now see what Gamemodes HUDs support, as well as HUD Developers being able to submit Changelogs.

The installation guides button has also been redone a tad, with the option to now choose which Operating System you're using and go directly to the guide you're after.

HUD Developers can update their own Submissions by clicking the Update/Edit Button on the HUD page. Only the HUD Developer of the submitted HUD can edit their page, so there's no need to worry about someone else doing it and ruining their submission.

Unfortunately, this new system removes the nice, tidy, custom URLs for HUD pages. We'll be looking into making this a possibility in the future, but for now, you'll have to deal with the URL you're given.

With these new features, there are also new rules in place, so make sure you read up on them on the submission page.

Hopefully the new system makes everybody's user experience at huds.tf a lot easier. A lot of the features that have been added have been asked for by many users for a long time, so I'm glad that they've finally been able to be added.

The new system could probably still use some work, and feedback would be greatly appreciated! I want huds.tf to get better, and this new system makes that a huge possibility.

Cheers!

Copyright © 2014 - 2017 huds.tf | Site by omnibombulator | Powered by MyBB, © 2002 - 2017 MyBB Group and Steam.