HUDS.TF

Hello There, Guest!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TF2 HUD Update for April 25th, 2016
Another update, another post to explain the stuff that Valve broke. Oh boy!

Before I start, check out the file diffs here.

Modified Files:
resource/clientscheme.res
resource/ui/hudmatchstatus.res
resource/ui/hudobjectivekothtimepanel.res
resource/ui/hudobjectivetimepanel.res
resource/ui/hudroundcounter.res
resource/ui/hudstopwatch.res
resource/ui/hudtournament.res
resource/ui/leaderboardentryrank.res
resource/ui/mainmenuoverride.res
resource/ui/match_summary.res
resource/ui/winpanel.res
resource/ui/econ/lobbyleaderboard.res
scripts/hudanimations_tf.txt
scripts/hudlayout.res

Changes to resource/ui/hudmatchstatus.res come from resource/ui/hudtournament.res
Many of the changes made to resource/ui/hudmatchstatus.res is existing code that comes from resource/ui/hudtournament.res. check out the file diffs to see what has been moved. If you've edited any of the code that existed in hudtournament, just copy it into hudmatchstatus and you should be good to go.

Changes to Win Panel/HUD Animations
Valve added new animations to scripts/hudanimations_tf.txt, which most notably affects the Win Panel. You can check all the differences to the HUD Animations and Win Panel in their respective files (notable changes to the Win Panel are image backgrounds being changed to borders).

However, the following code in scripts/hudanimations_tf.txt is absolutely vital for HUD developers to change if they wish to have their Win Panel showing correctly.
Code:
event WinPanel_CompPos
{
Animate WinPanel ypos 115 Linear 0 0
}

event WinPanel_NormalPos
{
Animate WinPanel ypos 215 Linear 0 0
}
You'll need to change the ypos 115/215 to mirror your scripts/hudlayout.res WinPanel ypos, otherwise your Win Panel may end up missing or positioned incorrectly on your HUD.

You'll also be required to make changes to "BlueScoreBG", "RedScoreBG" and "WinPanelBGBorder" inside resource/ui/winpanel.res. You also need to make sure that the "BlueLeaderAvatar", "BlueLeaderAvatarBG", "RedLeaderAvatar" and "RedLeaderAvatarBG" elements are also defined correctly in this file as well. Failing to do so will result in the Win Panel incorrectly loading the Team Names and Score (for some reason).

Other than that, all the other file changes aren't too important and are mostly just xpos/ypos/if_comp position changes. Just follow the diff files linked above if you're lost on anything, or post in this thread if you could do with some help.

If your HUD is featured on huds.tf, you are required to update your HUD by Friday, 29th April or your HUD will be placed into the Outdated section.

BETA TESTERS: If you've submitted your HUD to the new Submission System, you can update your HUD by simply replacing the HUD file with a new version.

Cheers.
if i update my hud on github, do i have to edit anything here?
also thanks for this, youre a real lifesaver and this update was an unprecidented pain in the ass
(25-04-2016, 11:04 PM)julia Wrote: if i update my hud on github, do i have to edit anything here?
also thanks for this, youre a real lifesaver and this update was an unprecidented pain in the ass

Just replace the link with the same link. It uploads the file to the server from the github url.
is there a way to make the win panel show all the time or make yourself win constantly so that the panel is easier to edit?
(02-05-2016, 06:10 PM)svoshdeman Wrote: is there a way to make the win panel show all the time or make yourself win constantly so that the panel is easier to edit?

mp_forcewin in console forces a win Smile

Copyright © 2014 - 2018 huds.tf | Site by omnibombulator | Powered by MyBB, © 2002 - 2018 MyBB Group and Steam.