HUDS.TF

budhud

HUD Information

Description

A clean Team Fortress 2 HUD that has finally been updated by someone who plays the game far too much.

HUD LINKS:
More Screenshots
HUD Wiki (installation, customization, etc)

HUD Features

Operating Systems Supported?
Windows
Mac
Linux

Resolutions

Supported?
16:9
16:10
4:3
5:4

Gamemodes

Supported?
Tournament
Competitive
Mann Vs. Machine
Capture the Flag
Payload
Payload Race
Control Points
Attack/Defend
King of the Hill
Domination
Special Delivery
Arena
Player Destruction
Mannpower
Territorial Control
Passtime
Robot Destruction
Halloween

Miscellaneous

Supported?
Custom Fonts
Custom Menus
Extra Scoreboards
HUD Crosshairs
Minmode Toggle
Custom Materials
Easy Customization

Special Thanks

Testers / Advice: Auzzie, HunnyBunny, ly_dee, powah, et al
Font: Lato, by Łukasz Dziedzic | http://www.lukaszdziedzic.eu/
HUD Resources: doodles | doodlesstuff.com
HUD Help: flatline, JarateKing, omnibombulator, rays, Wiethoofd
Custom Icons: Freepik | flaticon.com

Changelog

I tend to make a ton of minor updates to the hud; the best place to view changes would be here: https://github.com/rbjaxter/budhud/commits/master

22 December 2016
Smissmas release

User Comments

Be the first to leave a comment!

Awesome dude

I'm second

I have not tried out any of the new versions yet, but I've had a problem with the voice command menu each time. The problem was that each time I would say a voice command, it would freeze the game for a few milliseconds to a second. If you try to figure out the problem at all, I would appreciate it. Also, this does not happen to any other HUD I use, just to clear things up.

Hm, that's odd. The only thing I could attribute to that is uber tracking. Do you use that by chance?

Also, my response time here may not be the best -- the best place to post bugs/issues/etc would be in the Steam group, since it notifies me (and I have no life and am usually on Steam): http://steamcommunity.com/groups/budhud/...1048508297

Zee

The hud looks beautiful, first off. However when I start up the game I'm having trouble starting a game. When I press "find a game" nothing happens (I am on Mac).

pls update this hud

It looks great except that when I click on the "find a game option" it does nothing. I am on a mac if that helps.

It looks great except that when I click on the "find a game option" it does nothing. I am on a mac if that helps.

i can't instal it even tho i put the budhud waster and budhud master zip

Doesnt work, did the standard putting in custom folder and vpk stuff, any ideas?

I can't get the hud to work all it does it stop the find a game button from working..

Find game button don't work

FIND GAME BUTTON DOESN'T WORK

Nice to know people are having the same problem

Ah, apologies friends; I do not check these messages/get notified of them (the best place to get in touch with me is in the Steam group). I'm unfortunately taking a break from updating the hud as I've lost a lot of interest in TF2 as of late. I may return to it in the future, but I don't want to set any expectations Sad

Heavy:It's Perfect
Spy:Magnificient
MedicBig Grinanka cammarad
DemomanSadDrunk)
Soldier:You're Real Good Sun,Real good maybe even the best

sorry about the Big Grin and the Sad

HUD has been updated! Big Grin

I like the design of this HUD, but I got some requests.
First of all, I would like the button training in the main menu, because I use it when I want to play against bots.
In game menu, I couldn't find the alert button (I mean, the notification one, when you found an intem)
And finally, when I choose a class, there is no button to change loadouts. I would like when press the E key like in other huds.

With these things added, it would be the perfect hud for me Smile

Ant

Is gud hud r8 8/8.

Hey, great HUD. Just wanted to point out that on my Mac when I play soldier my viewmodels are broken for shotgun and melee. Also the shotgun uses the rocket launcher reload animation

I don't really know what's going on, but if you could fix it that'd be greatly appreciated

The only thing the HUD could affect is your viewmodels and their transparency; no commands are force-loaded that could cause animation issues.

@Iuwoh this is a bug on valve's part, i get it too when I play tf2 on an offline server on a mac.

Huh, that's a strange issue.. hopefully they're aware of it

How do you get the scoreboard to be more than 6 players

cl_hud_minmode 0

is it possible to get the chat on the bottom left corner?

I just left a message in the hud group, but for anyone else:

In...
`\budhud\_budhud\resource\ui\basechat.res`
change the "ypos" value to something like r50. r makes the element start at the bottom, so r50 will make it 50 pixels above the bottom of your screen. If it's too low, raise the value.

Where is the Training Mode button? Have you taken it out? If so, can you please update the HUD so there is a Training Mode button on the main menu. I actually use Training Mode to try out new weapons, try new loadouts, etc.

for some reason the hud isnt working on my mac. Rayshud works abd this is a varation of that right? HELP ME WHISKER

I don't quite know how transparent viewmodels work, but from what I see in the files there are 2 versions of both required files, Mac and Windows. I run on a Mac, would that mean I delete the Windows files to activate transparent viewmodels?

Wow you so fast update the hud.Nice hud anyway

@Sir Reginald Von Bartlesby: I'll add that in a future update.

@S▽O: I'm not sure what to tell you; I have people who use it on Mac, Linux, and even Bootcamp with no issues. Are you sure it's installed correctly? Check the wiki here: https://github.com/rbjaxter/budhud/wiki/Installation

@pls let me dance: Check the wiki here --
https://github.com/rbjaxter/budhud/wiki/...viewmodels

@BoulderCrusher: Thanks! Smile

I can't view my "alerts" on the main menu. Is there any other way to view them? I get the alert that I have an alert, but I cant access them. Help please?

Hi, I really like your hud. However, I wanted the chat box to be at the bottom left and not top left. So I changed the y-position 200 down in the BaseChat. Whenever a game is about to start, the game shows those two doors being closed, and at this point, the chat box goes up to the top left corner instead of the bottom left corner. How come it does this? Whenever I hud_reloadscheme it goes down again...

I really like your HUD, however. I'd like a few things fixed. First of all, fix the You're on your way while loading, because it strikes with other elements of the HUD and makes it distracting. Second of all, put a shortcut while picking a class, like press E to change the loadout and back out again. I hope you fix these issues in the future because I really like your HUD, but for now I will stick to eve HUD.

is there any way to make the chat be on it's normal location instead of the top of the screen?

@Alino: It appears in the tiny TV as an exclamation point

@The Raven From DK: You have to also adjust it in the animation files. Go to: \budhud\scripts\bh_hudanimations\bh_general.res and change the two ypos values (default is 5) there. You should see the two entries for chat at the top.

@Lillie: I'm not sure what you're referring to. Are you on the latest version of the hud? My server connection screens do not overlap at all. For your second concern, I didn't really see any reason to have that given that you can just hit m by default to adjust your current loadout, but it should be easy enough to add those.

@Toon_link2: In `\budhud\_budhud\resource\ui\basechat.res`, you have to change the ypos value of "HudChat". You also have to change the animation ypos to be the same as I mentioned above.

(just note that this is my old name) needs offline training

Great Hud, No problems, atleast not so far.

Could you please put a counter for how many classes there are on your team in the class pick screen Smile

@(PH) Cyrvs127: Sorry about that, keep forgetting. I added a note on my github. The next time I work on the hud I'll try to include it somewhere. I'll need to find a decent enough place for it, though.

@ıllıllı Sqυιℓℓ ıllıll: Glad to hear! Smile

@Eric Enchilada: I believe this only exists when the server is running in a competitive variant (mp_tournament 1, etc). In casual/regular pubs, it won't show up. I could be totally mistaken and this is a thing that could be added to regular play, so let me know if you've seen this with other huds and I'll investigate!

Download

If you like the look of this HUD, feel free to try it by downloading it. Just click the download button below!

Download (3.88 MB)  

Last Updated: 01-17-2017

If you're unsure how to install a HUD, check out our installation guide to help you through it.

Stats

Downloads: 17,334

Views: 66169

Rating:

• 20 Vote(s) - 4.7 Average

Developer

Whisker

HUD Developer

Copyright © 2014 - 2017 huds.tf | Site by omnibombulator | Powered by MyBB, © 2002 - 2017 MyBB Group and Steam.